I've done colorwork before - not sure if I mentioned it or not. I have this really old jacked that has kind of a Navajo blanket design on the back. It was a kit I bought from Mary Maxim (I think) at least 15 years ago, maybe more. I knit the thing in 3 days - but it was bulky yarn on 10 1/2 or 11 needles and I was motivated. My first experience was one of those horse-head sweaters. The blocking got out of control, and it went from a man's X-large to a women's small in about 10 seconds flat. I was crushed.
Anyway - these Butterfly Argyles have been so quick to knit (at least it seems like it), and I've got this Strikke-Along coming up soon, and I think I've lost my mind.
But first, an update! Here's what the first sock looks like now:
What you can't see in this picture is I did the heel flap, turned the heel, did the gussets, joined everything up, and am almost to the toes. Maybe 1 or 2 more days and this bad boy will be done, waiting on his sister. The funny thing about these socks is since I decided to do an 80-stitch sock (cause I'm lazy and the math was easy) they're freaking HUGE!! But, then again, so are my feet. I tried it on this morning, and the fit is almost perfect.
OK, on to Julie's Strikke-along. I found this web site with really GREAT Norwegian (and others) patterns. And they're FREE!!! Garnstudio sells yarn, and does the patterns to go with what they sell (I guess). Anyway, I grabbed several that I really liked, and had decided that I'd do a pair of socks - these, actually:
But, then today, I was haunting this site yet again (waiting for them to post some AMAZING sock and leg warmer patterns, cause I'm nothing if not obsessive!) and I saw this:
I'm pretty sure it's the Argyles fault - I've lost my mind!