Monday, October 29, 2007

Strikke-Along goodness

Ya know, sometimes I just feel like if I could get untangled from stuff long enough, I could do important things, like surf the 'net, post in my blog, visit cyber friends. But these days, that just doesn't seem possible.
As you will no doubt recall, I had ordered my yarn for the Strikke-Along in 2 parts, so I could spread out the expense. The final batch of yarn came some time around the 18th or 19th, and I've been knitting on my sweater since then.
First picture:



It's got a right nasty pucker that you can't really see in the picture - seems there were some very tense rows there for a bit, but I've decided that since it's right at the part that'll be across my butt, and the rows before and behind are a bit looser, it will all work out in the end.
I didn't get a whole lot of knitting done this weekend. Saturday was spent mostly sleeping (note to self: GO TO BED AT NIGHT!!!) Sunday I did this (or had it done, more accurately):



I have wanted a tattoo for nearly as long as I can remember, and I finally discovered something that meant enough to me to have it permanently inked onto my body. Guido (yep, his real name) was a wonderful artist - he helped design the tattoo based on my description of what I wanted, and he knew exactly what I meant when I said "shaded". It was 2 hours of pain, and I didn't realize how good I am at meditating, but I have some MAD skills! It feels about like you'd think - like someone sticking needles in your skin, and what they say is true - the shading feels completely different. I am so completely happy with it, and I'm so looking forward to the part where it doesn't hurt any more!

5 comments:

Sheepish Annie said...

Fabulous ink!!! It's the perfect body art and worth the two hours of pain, IMHO.

Also loving the sweater. I almost think I'd rather endure a sesssion with the tattoo needles than try to keep all those colors straight on the knitting ones. Great job!

Bells said...

oh that's fabulous! I've long wanted a knitting tat but I already have two other ones and am not sure how I feel about a third. That's magnificent!

debsnm said...

Thanks, ladies! I'm so impressed with the artist who did this, and it's nice to find someone (or 2 someones) who appreciates it! And, yes - I think it was worth the 2 hrs of pain.

Julie said...

NICE tat. Looks wonderful. Bravo on taking the time to figure out exactly what you wanted, and getting it.

And oh my gosh, the knitting!! It looks fantastic! Don't worry about the pucker, quite a lot of that stuff smooths out in blocking. Really.

knitseashore said...

Oh, you are brave. I don't think I could endure two hours of needles.

The sweater looks great so far!!