Today I mourned the loss of an almost-completed knee sock. I had just a bit left before the toe shaping, and it was looking awfully large (even for me), so I tried it on - it was WAY too big. I'd changed up 2 needle sizes because I thought it wouldn't fit, but I was WAY wrong! Put one in the "swatch" column.
But, for happier news - Opera Fichu went from this:
Again, DP can included for scale. It's lovely, and I can't wait to wear it - the weather is going to have to warm up a bit, because the dress I want to wear it with is totally a summer dress, and it's still around 32-35 in the mornings when I leave.
Opera Fichu from Victorian Lace Today
size 3, 5 and 1 needles
yarn was Omegacrylic - I'm pretty sure this is a Mexican yarn (made in Mexico), fingering weight.
I got it at Hobby Lobby for no other reason that I loved the color. I think I have enough left to make some socks. I'm thinking the feather and fan ones from the Socks book, but I'll let you know.