Saturday, May 27, 2006

What a long, strange - whatever!!!!

It's been a very long, weird 2 weeks. I've been working extra hours, knitting obsessively (what else is new??) and trying to make believe that I actually do have something resembling a life. I don't think I'm actually buying it, though.
The kidlet went to her HS's graduation on Thursday - 2 hrs in the sun - can you say YEOWCH?!?!?!?! As my mom said, she's doing her imitation of a blood blister. Bright red, thankfully no blisters. Yes, we ALL know the dangers of skin cancer, and it's been drilled into her head (I've had 3 removed, and she's seen the stitches and the scars), but some things apparently must be learned, rather than taught.
I'm currently working on my second pair of "Fingerless Gloves" from Not Just Socks. I finished the gauntlets a couple of weeks ago, and hope to get the pics up soon. The first pair went to my sister, with the promise that I would eventually finish the socks that I'm currently knitting for her. But, I can't help the obsession - I've got to knit more fingerless gloves and gauntlets. I'm thinking that they might sell really well at this year's arts & crafts fairs. So, I'm planning on making several pairs - and also finishing the baby blanket for my soon-to-be-born grand-nephew, the socks for sis, the monkey for other nephew, etc., etc., etc.
I'm also trying to figure out where and when to teach some knitting classes. Lion Brand yarn has started a knitting club, with instructors teaching knitting, and then those who learn are eligible to start their own knitting clubs. Lion Brand has several patterns from which to choose - all are very simple, and look really easy to teach. Of course that depends on those learning. I've not had a lot of experience teaching knitting, so wish me luck!
I'm also the area coordinator for this year's Knit In Public Day - June 10, 2006. I've got to find some place that we can knit without actually booking a park or something. I'd love to be able to go to the mall, or to a nice, shady park to knit, but I'm not sure I can do either without first getting permission, and shelling out some bucks. I'm going to look around today, cause I've got to get the info back to Danielle. For more info, check out her site: http://www.wwkipday.com/.

No comments: