Friday, June 09, 2006

The Traffic Rant

OK, I promised myself I wouldn't do this - but I just *have* to.

1. Speed limits are THE LAW!!!!!! They are NOT suggestions. It is ILLEGAL to go OVER the speed limit - It is also ILLEGAL to drive UNDER the speed limit. They have this wonderful thing called "Cruise Control" - USE IT!!!!!!!
2. If I am doing the speed limit, and am passing someone who is not (doesn't happen often, but it does happen!) DO NOT run up on my ass and expect me to speed up to get out of your friggin way!!! NOT GONNA HAPPEN!!!!!! If you're in that big a hurry, next time leave 15 minutes earlier.
3. I have the RIGHT to be safe in my own car!!!! If you tailgate, cut me off, or do anything that I perceive as endangering me, I will either:
a. Honk my horn (that's what it's there for)
b. Flash my lights at you
c. Flip you off - or -
d. All of the above
DO NOT get pissed off at me, or act surprised because you can't drive!!!!! You KNOW you're wrong - drive like a normal, civilized person, and PERHAPS people will not get angry with you!!!
4. Stop signs (you know - the BIG RED OCTOGONS with the word STOP printed on them) - are for STOPPING!!!!! Don't look at me, and blast past it.
5. Red lights, similarly - for STOPPING!!! See above.


OK, I feel better now - have a great day, and drive safely!

No comments: