Monday, June 26, 2006

More Gauntlets

Just when I think I'm over my obsession with all fingerless forms of hand ware, it happens!!!! There I was, knitting my 6th gauntlet (#2 of the 3rd pair, for those of you counting) and thinking, "ok, I'm over this - ready to do something else for a change. Maybe I'll work on Nancy's socks - should get those finished" when what comes on TV but E! News Weekend (I know, I'm easily entertained, but don't blame me - there was NOTHING else on!) They're doing some article on some premiere, or party or something (I know, BIG surprise!) and Paris Hilton was there (ANOTHER surprise) wearing these funky looking gloves - no, not the ones that are only the fingers (WAY stupid looking), but the ones that are only the hand part - nothing on the wrist or the fingers, but just covering the palm and back of the hand. I looked down at my gauntlet, and inspiration struck!!!!!! What if I did just the hand portion???? I was so obsessed that I HAD to start it. So, I finished up the gauntlet (DAMN!!!!! forgot to take the pics, but I will) and started the new "glovelet". First one went really well - I'm thinking of submitting it to Knitty - I know, insane, but what the heck, we all have to start somewhere, and I've always said that my sanity was a matter of how you look at it. Some days are better than others, and today just MIGHT be a good day! LOL
Until I get the new gauntlets posted - here are the gloves I made before all this gauntlet madness:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

1 comment:

Sheepish Annie said...

I say go ahead and submit to Knitty...not insane at all!!! I love the fingerless gloves and gauntlets and they make quick gifts when needed. BTW, How much did I love "Dead Like Me?" Mandy Patinkin is one of my deep, dark, secret crushes. ;)