Friday, February 02, 2007

The Lace Weekend

This weekend, I'm GOING to become a lace knitter. I went to Village Wools yesterday and bought 2 new pairs of size 3 needles. One pair is Crystal Palace Bamboo, and one is Prym. I have several sets of dpns from Crystal Palace, but I've never heard of Prym. I liked the points on both sets, so I got both sets. I also got Addi Turbo circular in size 5, 32". The pattern starts on the 3's and move to the 5 circs. So, I'll either be craz(ier)y by the end of the weekend, or a full-fledged lace knitter. There's a good argument that I might be both. Guess we'll see!
More on Monday.

3 comments:

Sheepish Annie said...

Godspeed, debsnm, godspeed. I could not walk the path of the lace. It made me say all the bad words that will keep me from going to heaven or being a kindergarten teacher. I wish you all the best in this undertaking!

Julie said...

WOohoo! Lace!

Honestly, if you can knit a sock, you can knit lace. The only different stitch is the yarnover, and it ain't brain surgery.

Good luck!

knitseashore said...

You can do it!!! Just be sure to use a lifeline in case you have to rip back!!