Tuesday, February 20, 2007

You might have noticed. . . .

that I was in a less-than-pleasant mood with my last post. I was. Hormones. Job. Stress. General I-can't-take-any-more-of-anybody's-crap. What I MEANT to say on the last post was this:
I love those gloves with an unreasoning passion. They are very retro-looking (think 1950's) with the totally 21st colors that Regia provided. And the buttons just are just sublime! I need to wash them, but I'm so busy wearing them that I can't. The one (and only) bright spot in all the cold and snow has been wearing those gloves.
The lace is coming along. I've almost finished ball #2, and I'm thinking that ball #3 will be at least half-way done before I decide to stop. As it turns out, I haven't finished the 20 rows that the pattern calls for, so I'm thinking an extra 10 rows will be really, really nice. That's only 5 pattern repeats.
I have my regular check-up appt this Friday. With a new Dr. The only reason I'm doing this on time is that my "happy pills" prescrip will run out the end of this month, and we just CAN'T do without the "happy pills" - ask the kidlet. Last time we tried it was just UGLY. So, new Dr - at least she's a she. Hopefully, I'll have time to discuss many things with her - I have a list, and it's growing. Stronger happy pills? Allergies? Other medications? And many things as yet to be determined. If I manage to have visible progress on the lace, I'll post pics - I'm also knitting on red gloves for my friend - got to get those done so she can wear them skiing at least once this year. Will take pics of those soon.

2 comments:

knitseashore said...

It's a tough time of year. The gray, cold, and snow makes our bodies want to sleep more, and of course we can't get enough of that. I think that by fighting our body's natural rhythms, we work against ourselves -- I know I'm more irritable this time of year than I'd like. Added to that, the job and other obligations, and there are days I want to curl up and hide under the bed until spring. But once daylight savings time comes, I'm a new woman! It's almost scary. My husband is probably going to splurge on a lightbox one day for me, LOL. Hang in there!! Hope your doctor appt. goes well. :)

Sheepish Annie said...

Never underestimate the power of a good happy pill. That's my motto!

Glad the gloves are a success and making the snow a bit more bearable. :)