Monday, February 05, 2007

YAY!!! LACE!!!

Just a quick update and pics!! Thanks for all the good thoughts and mojo this weekend - I definately felt y'all with me as I determinedly re-started my lace. Sheepish Annie - there were plenty of "those" words - it's amazing how the properly-place expletive just seems to make that recalcitrant k2tog do what it's supposed to do. Julie - It's not the yo's that give me fits, it's the counting. And Debby - I tried to email you, but it bounced back. Will try again.
OK, the pics:




This is a shot of 2 of the pattern repeats - there are 20 in all. Julie, thanks SO MUCH for the suggestion of placing markers at each repeat. As much as I HATE moving markers, this saved my sanity!!!




This is a shot of about half-way through. It's a really simple lace pattern, 12 stitches repeated 20 times across the row, and a 14-row repeat done twice. I'm almost done with the second repeat, after which I switch to the circulars, and do the lace edging. I forget the page number, but it's the Opera fichu (I think), it's pink in the book - you can see it (a little) in the background of the second shot. I'm hopint to move to the circs tonight - will let you know how that goes!

3 comments:

Julie said...

Yay, Lace! Now don't you feel terribly clever and smart? BECAUSE YOU ARE!!

Woohoo, another lace knitter!

(Now you know how I knit lace for ten years and never got bored.)

Sheepish Annie said...

Wow! That looks great!!! I am most impressed over here. I will say a few of the bad words for you just in case you need a few extra to keep the mojo going. ;)

Anonymous said...

YAY! You did it!!! You go girl!!!!

My email is a pain -- you're not the first person to have your email bounce back. Let me add you to my address book, and we'll see if that works...